Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Just another Wednesday.

It's another Wednesday in the late afternoon where I have found myself in the train station's Track 5 waiting room, waiting for my train home. I know you love hearing about the strange things that go on around me so here goes--- woman just walked by carrying a backpack on her back that was literally bigger than she was and she looked like Harry Potter. I found it both impressive and a little bit terrifying. Especially since she sort of shoved the door open by doing a complete and total lunge. And now I want to have a Harry Potter marathon.

Today, I am in a good mood. I know, it's shocking. First of all, there was sushi left in the cafe at lunch today. Win. It wasn't spicy tuna, but I'll take what I can get and be grateful. Then, my professor ended class early allowing me to run and catch the 2:20 bus and, in turn, the 3:00 train home. Instead of having to sit at the station until 4:11 like I usually do after that class. Double win. And lastly, and most importantly, I learned last night that I'll be moving back to California in August.

Bomb. Dropped. Boom.

I know, you weren't expecting that. The thing is, it's only 3 months earlier than when Jason and I had originally planned on moving back, and it will allow me to get started on finishing school in a place that will be both better for my mental health and a hell of a lot cheaper. Triple win. I am Charlie Sheen. (Winning.)

A part of me, a very small part, is heart-sad because I feel like it won't be right of me to keep the tag name "City Girl from Cali" once I'm back in Cali. But we'll see. Maybe I'll keep rocking it anyway. Another part is sad that my favorite city in the world won't be a train ride away anymore. So Jason and I have already decided to take as many adventures as humanly possible in the next 6 months so I can really get my NY fix before we go back. 

It's strange. Living here has been the biggest part of my life for the past year now. I have changed and grown so much that I can't help but wonder what it will feel like when we move back home. I won't miss scraping ice off of my car or shivering at 7 AM on a train station platform, that's for sure. I also won't miss the people much. I won't miss them at all.



I think the lady sitting next to me is eavesdropping (eaves-reading?) on my post and it's really awkward so I'm gonna go ahead and end this here. 

Until next time,
City Girl from Cali

No comments:

Post a Comment